WG5 focuses on the potential of comics as an educational tool in a variety of formal and non-formal education contexts.
Our main areas of interest are:
- Comic as a tool in teaching Spanish and Portuguese as a foreign language
- Comic as a subject itself – What is a comic? How to teach comic?
- Comic as an educational tool to address questions of difference, representation and social engagement.
- Comics produced by NGOs and official institutions promoting equality against homophobia, racism, sexism, etc.
- How to read and teach comics – workshops for teachers
- How to make a comic – workshops with artists
- Comic as a tool in itself: how to make your first comic books. workshops with artists
WG5 is currently working on several surveys on comic as a teaching tool and on Pedagogical Guides about Spanish and Portuguese comics.